About 3500 babies die from sleep related caused each year
The safest way for a newborn to sleep is:
- On their back until they are able to move and choose their own sleeping position.
- Baby should sleep on a firm mattress with a tight fitting sheet. This reduces the risk of the sheet slipping and covering babies face.
- No soft toys should be placed in the cot which could smother the baby.
- The crib or cot should have no side cushions or padding.
- 5 Baby should be covered in a blanket or sheet depending on the temperature, which is tightly tucked in to avoid smothering.
- The use of a pacifier has been linked to a reduction in deaths from SIDS so this is safe to use if you choose to.
- Baby should sleep alone in your room. Co sleeping causes the deaths of 133 babies each year.
Parents usually have every item they can possible use for the care and comfort of their baby. What they often forget about is the little but important items. Using baby sleep music and lullabies can be such and important item. A Peaceful Bedtime One of the goals for...
A happy baby is much more likely to fall into a peaceful sleep. Although there are some babies that are so curious that they don't want to miss anything. So they may fight sleep. The solution for this is to use bedtime songs for babies to calm them at bedtime. The...
You may wonder why a baby is not able to relax and sleep at bedtime. What parents often forget is babies are not able to talk about why they are unhappy. It simply could be something like being over tired that is stressing the baby. Fortunately there is a great...